Saturday, May 21, 2011

6 months

The other day Brian was talking to his mom on the phone. She asked him to tell her about little Tyler's personality. He thought it was a funny question because in his words, "babies don't have personalities yet." I laughed when he said that because I know so many of you would disagree with that statement. But at the same time we both had to stop and think before we could answer the question. Baby Ty has sort of tricked us into thinking he doesn't have a personality because he is so good natured. He doesn't really demand much attention (though he does love it), he doesn't make a lot of noise, he loves to nurse and sleep and plays well on his own. He also adores his big brother and spends lots of time quietly smiling at him in admiration. Like I used to say about Johnny as a baby, Ty is just happy to be here. He is pure joy to his momma. He is patient, calm, sweet, so lovable and happy. At six months he loves to jump enthusiastically in his bouncy toy, grab everything in sight, chew on his hands, get mauled by his dad, snuggle with Johnny, sit on his mom's lap and take his evening bath. He still wakes up once during the night to eat and though I'd love for him to sleep through the night, I secretly enjoy our night time feeding. It's the only time Tyler will fall asleep on my shoulder after eating and I can hold him tight and sneak as many kisses as I want on his soft, smooth cheeks. At the park the other day with a friend and her little boy I had to interrupt Tyler's feeding to help Johnny on the slide. I returned to my spot on the park bench and didn't immediately resume feeding Ty. She couldn't believe how patiently he waited to continue eating when he was clearly still very hungry. That's my Ty. He's an angel baby. He has made being a mother of 2 a little easier than I thought it would be. And so much more fun!








6 month stats:
21 lbs (95%)
28 inches (95%)
18 3/4 noggin' (97%)

4 comments:

Kricket said...

Beus,
He is adorable to look at and it sounds like a dream to have as a second baby. I'm so happy for you!

Alisha said...

Both your boys sound golden. You deserve the best and it sounds like you got it!

camfox said...

What a happy boy. I'm so happy for you Caroline. I wish we could take our kids to the park together. Oh, that would be so nice.

Marissa said...

He is so stinkin' cute! What fun to have two sweet little boys! I saw your grandma at Mark's graduation. It was so sweet of her to say hello. Miss you!