Wednesday, June 8, 2011

hobbies

I can't believe I actually have a hobby. Life was so busy for a while (work, grad school, teaching, then newborn baby, then newborn baby again) that I almost hated being asked the question, "What are your hobbies?" Though I still don't have a lot of time to spare, it's been fun to channel some creative energy into an actual, for real hobby. It's also been fun to discover that my husband is actually a natural at sewing. Who knew?! We've done a few sewing projects together lately. This is the latest. A stack of pretty pillows for my sister in-law.

7 comments:

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

dang, the fabric lines up perfectly!

Chelsea said...

Wow! Tutorials? I hate being asked what my hobbies are. My husband has every hobby imaginable under the sun, and I have nothing...unless you count cooking, cleaning, laundry, and managing two boys. I think it's so great for mom's to have hobbies, so I'm glad you've found yours.

Kendra said...

LOVE the pillows!

About us said...

Ok, I wish I had your gift for sewing. Your work looks so polished! Are you going to sell on Etsy? Can I be your first buyer?! NIce work Caroline :)
P.S. I hope that I can find a hobby I enjoy as quickly as you found yours!

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

I think "my" last comment was really made by Mark!

but the pillows are darling! did she like them??

love,
mom

Connie said...

I Luuuuuv My New Pillows. Every day I sit and admire how the patterns line up so perfectly at the seams. I am amazed! Thanks again Caroline!

julia said...

who would have thought that you and brian would make up a sewing team!? these are gorgeous, i want to make some! are they sewed shut or can you remove them to wash?