Tuesday, March 30, 2010

marky's visit

My baby brother Mark has been coming to visit me every year since he was 11. He's turning 17 this year, so it's definitely a long standing tradition that I hope we can always keep up. I'm sure his future wife won't mind coming to my house for her honeymoon. Mark and I are just about that tight :)

We've already done all the big stuff, Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Universal Studios, etc. etc. This year Mark just wanted to hang out with us. We tried to do a few fun things like a visit to Grandma Shirley's, a UCLA volleyball game, bike riding on the beach and a trip to the Long Beach Aquarium. Here are a few pictures from the week:



Marky took a few photos for his Facebook page. You know, to rub it in to all his friends in Idaho who weren't spending spring break in California:


Notice the lady passed out on the sand. I always find it strange to see people laying fully-clothed on the beach like that. Hmmm, I hope she's not dead. It'd be tragic to die so close the the lifeguard tower.
I thought Johnny might be too young to enjoy the Aquarium, but I was wrong. He loved it! He splashed in the wave pools (which you're not supposed to do), pounded on the glass of the fish tanks (which you're also not supposed to do), and crawled all over the filthy ground (after which he put his hands in his mouth, of course).




A few pictures on the pier in Long Beach. It's so pretty there!




Poor Brian had to stare at a computer screen all week long:

7 comments:

Chanell said...

Oh that looks so wonderful. I am stuck in Idaho over spring break and it's freezing. Please come see me when you come visit your family...then I can let you know about some plans for your future home. Lisa and I figured out a neighborhood plan and we decided we wanted you to be our neighbor. :)
Still can't believe your baby brother is 17... not to mention how adorable baby Johnny is- love the picture of you two looking at each other on the pier.

Juliette said...

Oh, how fun! Yeah lucky Mark, it must be hard to be the baby of eight! Looks like you guys had a great time!

Dan said...

We must be extremely old if Mark is 17. Wowzers.

I can't believe Johnny is so big! He's adorable.

Gwendolyn said...

He can't fully experience the aquarium it if he can't taste it, right? Good thing it was just his fingers and not any of the fish!

Also I love that picture of you (smiling) and Johnny having a great time in front of the fish.

Katie Bell said...

Practicing the Seven Brides for Seven Brothers dance in the living room would solidify anyone's relationship.

The Wyler Family said...

how fun! i want to come for a visit! by the way, you look so great!

julia said...

glad you went - ronin loved the aquarium! we'll have to take the boys back soon.