Sunday, April 6, 2008

New Couch!

For the last 4 months we've been sitting on this pathetic little couch that Brian bought used a long, long time ago. It doesn't look THAT bad, but don't let the picture fool you. What you can't see are the sweat stains from Brian's old room-mates (disgusting!), the bacteria growing just beneath the surface (who knows who owned it previously?!) or the spaghetti sauce stain from a few nights ago (I'm the guilty party this time). Here's Brian, looking just as pathetic as the couch.



The desperate nature of the situation called for desperate measures. Call me crazy, but this week I let my husband pick out and buy a couch with out having seen it myself! We've both been so busy that we don't have a lot of spare time to go furniture shopping together. On his lunch break, Brian found a sofa and loveseat that he liked for a good price so I told him to go for it. Well, here's what he came home with...



He looks happy hu?



I think he should be a cheerleader on Saturday Night Live.

9 comments:

Connie said...

Nice pick Bri.

Juliette said...

He did good! Very good taste Brain, and for Caroline can't believe you trusted his taste, you must have been busy! It look cute!

Jess said...

I love new furniture!! Your brave to let the husband pick, although I picked our last set and we keep having problems, not so good pick for me!!

Anonymous said...

What a FUN post and what great couches!

camfox said...

cute post Caroline.

CompTron said...

can't wait to see it! it looks so hygenic and tasteful...very well done indeed.

hooray, eternal families with clean furniture!

Kricket said...

Beus,
Don't you love new couches? I remember the upgrade from college yuck to clean and comfortable.
Kricket

Barney & Sherrie said...

hmmmm... we guess that the first photo was Brian after some strict Caroline discipline and not about any furniture!!! Nice cover Brian, we believe you...wink wink

We love your blog...

Lee Family said...

Have I told you how beautiful you are in your wedding announcement and wedding pictures?!
so beautiful.
you're awesome Caroline.