Thursday, February 10, 2011

Blessing Day

Sweet baby Tyler was blessed in church this last Sunday. I told Brian that we had better invite a lot of people to stand in because he's such a chunk at almost 12 weeks. I don't think most people wait as long as we did to bless their babies. Usually you see a dad hold up a teeny tiny little thing wrapped in a blanket. In a 6-9 month collared shirt, a pair of overalls, with a double chin and elbow rolls, Tyler's presence in front of the congregation was a little less dainty. Yes, he's a manly little man and we think he's pretty neat.

We were lucky to have my mom and dad and grandma Shirley come for the occasion. Besides making the cute little overalls for Ty's blessing, my mom also ironed our clothes, washed our dishes, changed dirty diapers, read stories, rocked babies and took great care of us as always. Johnny loves Grandma and behaved like a perfect little angel around her. Though it took a little while to warm up to Grandpa, whom he hadn't seen in over six months, Johnny was repeating the words, "hi grandpa" over and over by the end of the weekend. We had a great time and hope they can come again soon! Grandma Shirley came bearing gifts and lots of kisses for the boys. We are so grateful that she lives close by and that we get to see her often.

Its so fun being a family of 4.

I love this picture for Ty's furrowed brow and for the goofy way Brian is holding Johnny.


7 comments:

Heather said...

That was such a special day. Glad we could be there too. I also like how you say Johnny was a perfect angel for Grandma, as if he's not ALWAYS a perfect angel. Love that boy!

Chanell said...

I love it when my mom comes and does my dishes. And your boys are adorable. I'm matching them up with my little girls in 20 years. I hope that's ok with you. I'm keeping a mental list of boys who will be taller than them. But taller and adorable- what a bonus!

Anonymous said...

Your family of four looks wonderful,Caroline and Brian! We can't wait to come and see you for ourselves next month!

Connie said...

Ahhhh! So stinkin' cute!!!

Juliette said...

Yep he is a chunk! But oh so cute! You guys all lookg great, especially you Caroline! You a gorgeous! Glad you had a great time with Mom and Dad!

Marissa said...

You guys are such the cute family! Congrats on a weekend of baby blessing fun. We get to do that in 3 weeks! (and by the way, you look AWESOME! as always.)

About us said...

Oh my goodness! Tyler is SO adorable!! The more rolls the better :) I still can't believe how different he and little Johnny look! They are their own little men :) You family is gorgeous Caroline, keep up the good work!