Sunday, September 2, 2012

Johnny Turns 3!

Johnny had a really fun, drawn out birthday this year. I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to see his face light up with excitement over turning 3. It all started 2 weeks before his birthday when my best cousin, Kricket invited our family to come with them to Disneyland for the day. Brian was under the weather, so I took Johnny as a little pre-birthday present and his last chance at free admission to Disneyland ever. It was so much fun to have some one-on-one time with my boy. We also loved being around Kricket, Garrett, Jenna, Cooper, Ryder & Trey. I couldn't get over how well-behaved and happy all of their kids were. I was taking notes the entire time.





Did you know that Disneyland has a little petting zoo? It's really small - just a few goats, a donkey and a horse, but it was one of Johnny's favorite parts of the whole park.





The day before Johnny's birthday we invited a few friends from church to join us at the park for cupcakes. Johnny asked for party hats and "instruments". Of course, when it came down to it, he wouldn't let me come near him with the party hat, and the 4-for-99-cent kazoos were a total bust - didn't work at all! Big surprise, right? At least the cupcakes were a hit!






On his actual birthday we opened presents from mom & dad and grandma Barbara on the patio before going to a nice sit-down dinner, that was in all reality, nice and sit-downish for all of 10 minutes before the boys were on all fours underneath the booth and then RUNNING through the entire restaurant! Do you ever have the vision of a perfect, relaxing evening in your mind only to remember once it's too late that your children are just barely 3 and 1 & 1/2 and completely incapable of holding still? Next time we'll go to McDonalds :) 










The day after his birthday we celebrated again at our friends Gwendolyn, Sinjin and Linnea's house with more cupcakes and a bubble machine! I only have a few fuzzy pictures of this little party.



I was determined to get a photo of Johnny is his party hat, so I told him that he could take a picture of me in my party hat first. While he was fumbling with the camera, I slipped one on his head unnoticed. Here he is first taking my picture and then excitedly showing me his shot.


The view from Johnny's camera - 


Happy birthday sweet Johnny boy! We love you so!

5 comments:

Heather said...

Happy 3rd Birthday, Johnny! We love that boy!

Mama Beus said...

So cute! Happy Birthday Johnny!!

Megan said...

so fun that johnny had such an awesome 3rd birthday! lets hang out soon!

Lee Family said...

Way to be sneaky with that camera? I love to see your family grow and I love that you are regulars at those Dodgers games. What a fun mom you are! miss you.

Lee Family said...

I meant to say "way to be sneaky with that camera!" with an exclamation not a question. btw