Sunday, May 6, 2012

chitter chatter

I'm really enjoying the non-stop chitter chatter over here. Johnny is almost 3. He says some pretty funny things. Among my favorites lately: 
"Mom, when we went to church Sr. Johnson was lovin' my clothes."
"That's what I'm talkin' about."
"Excuse me. Memmy's messin' with my cheese."
"Can you move this bush?"
Johnny also knows his wildlife. Don't mistake a parrot for a toucan. You'll hear about it.

Ty is 17 months old and from one day to the next has become a complete chatterbox. His vocabulary grows by the minute and he will attempt to repeat everything he hears. Today at church when we opened our quiet book he pointed out Noah, the hippo, the lion and the golden plates all on his own.  He is also starting to speak in full sentences. "Where did he go?", "I want pink milk", "I see you", etc., etc.

Yesterday we had some beautiful summer weather. As much as I don't look forward to hot days without an air conditioner, I can't wait for all the fun my boys are going to have this summer.














6 comments:

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

and best of all, they get to be little farm boys for the month of July!
we can't wait!!

love you all!
~mom

kendra @ little almanac said...

So cute, Caroline! They're getting so big! And thanks for your comments on going from 1 child to 2. It seems unfathomable now, but I know that love will come naturally.

Mark said...

hahahhahaha. I love those things Johnny says, I can picture all of them coming out of his mouth :) I can't wait to see you guys. It is going to be a blast! I can't wait to hear Tyler talk so much!!

Megan said...

i can't believe all the things tyler is saying... he's so little and speaks so well! i'm super impressed by that little one.

The Wyler Family said...

so cute! i love toddler talk! :)

Gwendolyn said...

I would LOVE to see your quiet book. I'm in the midst of planning one and I'm in the idea-gathering stage...