Sunday, December 4, 2011

conversations with johnny

Johnny: Mom, what happened to my diaper?
Me: I don't know, did you go potty?
Johnny: No, I not go potty. I have a wedgie.

* * * * *

M: What do you want Santa to bring you?
J: A goat!

* * * * *

J: [patting my stomach] Mom, do you have a baby in there?
M: No honey, I don't have a baby in there.
J: [pointing to Tyler] Do you have a baby in the high chair?
M: Yes.

* * * * *

J: [grabbing random letters & numbers] D is for dog. R is for bunny rabbit. No. 4 is for ice cream.
M: 4 is for ice cream? 4 scoops?
J: Yes.

* * * * *

J: Mom, are you my honey bunny?
M: Yes! [kiss. kiss. kiss]

* * * * *

M: Johnny, I made you a snack.
J: [rubbing my cheek] Thank you mommy. You are such a good mommy.

* * * * *

Most asked question -
J: What's going on here?

* * * * *

J: Mom, you are my best friend and I am oars best friend.

* * * * *

And now for a few recent pictures -


Helping me set up our {obviously fake} tree.


Wearing the tree skirt for a collar.


Decorating the tree.


Ready for his part in the Christmas program. Lamb or Goat? We're not quite sure.


Enjoying his time on Santa's lap.


Asleep on the kitchen table after we had 7 toddlers at our house for the morning. You think you're tired, Johnny?!

4 comments:

Kendra said...

such a sweet post! I miss your sweet family. Wish we could have been there for the SM1st Ward Christmas Party.

happyfamily said...

what a sweetie!

Connie said...

That pic of him decorating the tree is so classic and beautiful. Great shot.

Rebecca said...

Unforgettable1 I love the words of approval from a 3-year old. And I especially love the picture of him wearing the tree skirt.

I haven't had two hands to comment in a while, but I've been meaning to send my congratulations and condolences on Brian's new calling. He'll be great, and so will you. But can we really be that old? (Please say it ain't so.)