Sunday, September 11, 2011

do you need validation?

Last week I went out to eat with some girlfriends from church. It was so fun and a much needed break from my darling babies. As we were finishing up, the waiter came by and asked if we needed validation (for parking, of course, because we live in L.A.). My friend Heather said, "Yes, actually, I do. How do I look today?" It was funny and I laughed. And then I remembered that I have been getting a lot of that kind of validation around my house lately. All thanks to Johnny who suddenly became the most complimentary little person I know. I don't know exactly where he learned this, but it must be from being around lots of ladies. Brian gives me compliments, but not usually about my hair or clothing, and certainly not about my accessories! The first time Johnny did this, I was completely caught off guard and melted into a puddle on the spot. The cutest thing about it all is how completely sweet and sincere he is. A few examples:
  • I had my hair down one day (it's usually in a pony tail). Johnny ran both hands through it and said, "Ors hair pretty, mommy. I yove it."
  • I came home with a new purse to which he said, "That cool Momma, that cool! Let's go shopping!"
  • I came upstairs after getting dressed for church last week. Johnny said, "You have a pretty dress, mommy. I yove it."
  • Today I wore a pair of hoops to church and after I thought he might rip them out of my ears with excitement he said, "Ors earrings are nice, mommy. I yike them."
That Johnny boy. I think I'll keep him!

9 comments:

Kjelstrom Family said...

Love it! I love you Johnny! It is very true...your mommy has style!

Kendra said...

how cute!

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

what a little angel! that is how marky was when he was little!
love you all!
mom

happyfamily said...

That is so adorable. What a sweetheart.

Heather said...

That is why johnny is going to marry my daughter...

Juliette said...

How sweet! That is exactly what Katelyn does and has done for a while now! I think it is so cute! I can't believe how grown up he looks in that picture! What a cutie!

Karen said...

That is so sweet! Your post made me think of this video someone shared with me a few years ago: http://youtu.be/Cbk980jV7Ao

Gwendolyn said...

Oh this is the best--Sinjin does this now and it totally makes my day. What a sweet--and big--boy Johnny is!

The Wrights said...

That is adorable!