Thursday, April 7, 2011

sew what?

Pillows! It took me two years to start this project and only a couple of days to finish. I may have never started had Brian not been so encouraging. He may live to regret it though. I had so much fun that I can't wait to make more! As I finished my last pillow yesterday, I said, "you know this means I'm going to have to buy more fabric, right?"

Picking out the fabric was just as much fun as sewing. I had no idea how gorgeous and expensive home decor fabric can be. I don't want to admit how much time I spent looking through the high ticket designer fabrics before I settled on these budget prints.





It's kind of an eclectic mix but I think they look cute on my couch. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be switching them out often as Johnny likes to use them to wipe his nose. Another good reason for going with the budget fabric!

7 comments:

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

Oh, they are so darling! I love the colors and the fabrics! You did a great job on them, too! (i even loved the "dent" in the top of them...just like HGTV)

good work, angel!

love,
mom

Kricket said...

I think you did an amazing job. I love the fabric choices.

Connie said...

Awesome! Wanna make some for me? I havent found any cool fabrics at JoAnns that I love but we got a new beige couch that really needs some pillows. Maybe since you have the access to the fabric district you can find something cool. Or just use your scraps.

The Wrights said...

Love the pillows! Budget fabric? Where did you get it? They look awesome and super expensive : )

J + J said...

dying to know where you found the large scale chevron print....i desperately want it in gray. good job!

JLea said...

you have good taste... they're beautiful.

julia said...

post where you got the fabric - i love them!!