Thursday, October 28, 2010

Hungry for More

For Mom & Marky. Sorry to dissapoint with the last post. It was pretty lame. The sad thing is that it took me for-ev-er to write one paragraph. Ask Brian. It was ridiculous. I should never try to write at night when I'm sleepy. I also haven't been very good about posting pictures lately... or taking them for that matter. I only have a handful from the last few months. And they're all of Johnny. I avoid belly shots at all times. I somehow don't feel like I will regret that... ever! Johnny is so fun these days. He is learning a lot of new words and lots of naughty tricks. He likes to carry the step stool around the kitchen and pop up next to the stove or the sink or wherever I am working to help. He is in the middle of everything I do, actually. Laundry, folding clothes, putting away groceries, cleaning, sweeping, checking the mail, everything! And I love it. It keeps me on my toes. And off of my backside, which is what I really want to be doing these days. He's my little shadow during the day. But as soon as his dad gets home, he doesn't even know I exist. He and Brian play ball, wrestle a LOT, take out the garbage, go on walks and read lots and lots of stories. Right now Johnny is really into word books. His favorite books have animals in them. And when we are out on walks, he can spot any dog within a mile radius of where we are. He definitely doesn't take after me. I still don't like dogs.

What else? Ahhh. Our new house. We love living in Santa Monica. It has been a really easy adjustment for us all. First of all, the apartment is great. I feel spoiled to have so much space. And with more space I feel more organized and the house feels cleaner. And organized and clean = a very happy Caroline. Brian and I both feel like the 3 flights of stairs (from the garage to the 1st floor, from the 1st floor to the 2nd and then up to the loft) are working wonders for our bums... I'm sure you wanted to know that. Although, hauling groceries upstairs with Johnny "helping" is turning out to be my least favorite thing about the stairs right now. Brian's commute is only a few minutes longer each way, so that's been great. Our neighborhood is full of cute houses that we like to look at and dream about. Many of them are currently decked out for Halloween which Johnny loves too!

Honestly, when we chose to live in Santa Monica, it had absolutely nothing to do with proximity to the beach. B and I never go anyway. But I have to say, I am now a convert. We go all the time and it's BEAUTIFUL! It really is. It's breath taking. I love to sit and watch Johnny play in the sand while I think about how cool it is to live on the edge of a continent and see the ocean stretch out endlessly before me... and then inevitably my mind turns to tsunamis and I'm grateful I don't live RIGHT on the ocean because that could be bad news if some day, you know... Oh man, I'm my mother's daughter. For sure.

Another reason we love it here is because we've made some really fun and wonderful friends. We've really enjoyed doing things with them... walking at the beach, going to the park, church events and other stuffs. It's so nice to have friends. I feel really blessed.

Well, now for the pictures.

If I'm lucky, Johnny will look at me when I'm taking his picture. In this one, I said, "smile for Uncle Doug." And he did!

Bath time. Brian gives Johnny his bath every night. After he pulls him out and wraps him up in a towel, he holds him up to the mirror and says, "Look how cute you are!" Johnny gets really shy and smiley. It's precious.
Here he wanted to be wrapped up in a blanket. It didn't last too long because he realized he needed his arms to look at the book:)

Sitting up to the table at Minnie Mouse's house in Toon Town.

Brian's mom sent Johnny this little BYU sweatsuit and he would wear it everyday if he could. Sadly, he always gets a leak in his diaper or falls in a puddle when he's wearing it and I have to change his clothes. He also lives and dies for that bottle!

And why not throw in a quick baby update? Johnny's little brother is only 2 1/2 weeks from making his grand entrance. I think he'll come on or after his due date, just like Johnny did. My doctor tells me he will come any day but I'm not falling for it this time. Why put myself through that horrible waiting game?! Anyhow, Brian and I are really excited but Johnny has no idea what's about to hit him. I hope he adjusts well. He practices with a little baby doll. He give hugs and kisses.

Well, I hope that satisfies a little bit of your hunger for more! xoxo.

9 comments:

Alisha said...

Love the update. Sounds like a busy mom is about to get twice as busy!

The Wyler Family said...

it satisfied me. :) i love posts like this. he is a cutie!

i especially love the part about you not liking dogs. i will forever remember walking down that street in melo when you got bit by the dog. crazy!

camfox said...

Caroline, you and your little family are so precious! I love reading about your happy life. Your kids (almost plural) have top notch parents- that's for sure! Thank you for sharing. I think you're darling and I wish we could hang out. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

A friend of mine from high school just had her second baby, and I was remembering back to when Moses got a sibling. I think that going from one to two was the hardest adjustment. I felt so bad for Moses because I could no longer read to him whenever he wanted. But I realized that it was good for him to learn that he couldn't have everything he wanted, right when he wanted it. And it was good for him to learn to share.

The great thing about it is that Johnny will have a best friend in time. Moses and Sadie became the best of friends once Sadie grew up a little bit. So remember it'll only get better and better Caroline.
Sure love you!

Baxter's said...

Caroline! I am so excited for you that you don't have to be pregnant soon. :-) I'm jealous. Johnny is so precious. And unfortunately I too, am a convert to the beach, yet live so far away. Bummer. Enjoy, and soak it up.

Connie said...

Johnny is looking so grown up! He is such a doll! I am proud to be his aunt! I am hoping we can come enjoy the beach with you sometime soon (but not too soon, don't worry). We are excited to find out about our new cousin.

Shane, Liz and all the Crew said...

yay! what a great update! can't wait to get there and squeeze those cheeks!

love,
mom

Caleb and Suzy said...

Caroline... I am not satisfied! I am in need of a belly shot! Hahah. I can't wait to see that new baby. and little Johnny is so adorable. I love your family and am glad you enjoy your new home. We miss you guys. If ever you have an excuse to come to Seattle, stop by and you always have a bed here!
-Suzy

tiffany said...

Fun getting caught up with your update! Good luck on delivery of baby boy#2! Johnny is adorable! Can't believe how big he is!

JRP said...

Johnny is like a little man!!! What a cute kid. I miss you guys!