Friday, February 13, 2009

Jazz Night w/ Jack Sheldon

The pictures aren't great but the evening was. Caroline and I went to a Jazz Club the other night...well more like an Italian Restaurant with a Jazz Combo. Jack Sheldon was the trumpet lead and he had a piano, bass, and drums backing him up. We had a great time.
Back in the day Jack Sheldon played with the likes of Benny Goodman, and Quincy Jones. He was also the trumpet player on the Merv Griffin Show. He played the music for the School House Rock songs. While we were there on Friday night he sang the "I'm Just A Bill" tune.
Anyways, he was pretty influential in the West Coast Jazz Movement and he is still pretty good even though he seems to be slowing down a bit.

1 comment:

Caleb and Suzy said...

I take pictures every 4 weeks. Sometimes I feel like sharing, other times I don't. I am sure you know how that goes. How is Baby Boy Merrell doing? Can you feel him kick you all the time? Our girl is extremely active... bouncing text books off my belly! I love it! How are you feeling?