Sunday, September 14, 2008

Europe

In August we took a trip to Europe so that Brian could take a special class on International Business for his MBA... or atleast, I think that's what he studied while we were there. All I know, is that for the first time in two years, I was the one who didn't have to study! And boy, did I enjoy that!

For me, the best part of the trip was two weeks of uninterrupted time together. These first months of our marraige have been so busy with full-time school & work, church callings and Brian's frequent travels around the country. We needed a break! Watching the Olympics (Olympische Spiele) in German every night before going to bed, was the best kind of therapy!

An extra special highlight of the trip was the few days we were able to take away from Brian's studies to go to the tiny Italian villages in the Alps where my ancestors Michael and Marianne Beux lived, worked, and eventualy joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

We had such a nice time and I really wanted to write all about it here... but everytime I sat down to do it, I felt so overwhelmed! And with school starting just a week after we got home, my European travel log got pushed to the very bottom of my to-do list. (Although, I promise to write more about our two days in Italy for the sake of family history!)

So in a poor attempt to make up for the lack of details, I am including a link to our photo album here. The pictures are riduculously out of order (a picture of our hotel in Germany is between two pictures of Italian dairy cows in the Alps), but maybe you will enjoy it regardless!


4 comments:

Juliette said...

Love the pictures, looks like you guys had a great time, how lucky you are to be able to travel and do so many fun things together! We can't wait to visit you guys, love you.

Shannon Jones Grossman said...

Caroline,
I miss you like crazy. I can't believe we haven't talked in so long. Hope you dont think I am a bad friend. I would love to hear all about your trips! And school.
Love you!!!

Alisha said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! Anytime you can spend time with your husband uninterrupted is a good time!

The Wyler Family said...

wow, that's awesome! i loved looking at all your pictures. i really wish i had a fun trip like that planned sometime in the near future. :)